Thursday, March 1, 2012

Well, this seems like a nice place to hang out for a while...

WARNING: This may or may not be TMI for some.

Oh, well!



Nothing like spending an hour plus stuck in Kmart's bathroom to really lift your spirits. Occasionally, my clothes and I aren't on good terms. Some days we struggle. This past Tuesday was one of them. Like a dummy, I drank a TON of water before I left to go study and pick up a few things from the store. Once I got to Kmart, my bladder was screaming obscenities and I heeded it's demand.

Before I continue, let me give you an idea of what I'm working with...

A- The bathroom stall was small. I've seen better accommodations in prison. (This was the "handicap" stall)
B- The temp in there felt like the heat was blasting at 90 degrees.
C- It smelled like death.

Now, these 3 environmental factors aren't conducive for me pulling my britches up. 5 minutes go by and the heat alone is making me sweat. 20 minutes go by and I'm halfway there but the struggle has drenched me in sweat making it more difficult to slide my pants up.. as time goes on it gets harder and harder for me to have any Christian thoughts. I start getting mad and thinking about how long I'd do in jail if I just walked to my car with my butt hanging out. Ok, so probably not a good idea... Then I think, well if someone comes in, I'll just ask for help. (This hasn't been the first time I got stuck in a bathroom. Last time my date left thinking I sneaked out. Fun times..)

20 more minutes go by and nobody. 

Now, my choice is to cry... so I cry... and cry... and while I cry, I pray.

Dear God,
Please, please... help me. 

As I'm crying my body starts to cool down, making me less sticky, and after another 10 minutes I try again.

SUCCESS!!

God listens to us... He loves us... The power of prayer is so great and this is my testimony of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment